Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pretty Pictures

Another update and it did not take months! Or at least I don't think so. A couple of pieces that I have finished and somethings I am working on. First up is completed works.

You may recognize the Fairy Dragon, this time in color! Done with oil paints.

Forgive the glare, I did not get a picture of the piece before I framed it for the student show. When it gets pulled off the wall I will retake the picture so it can be seen better.


Now for the incomplete work. Or works in progress. This is a partial self portrait a la steampunk. I have also included a Roman with a jetpack and Toby on a rocket. I will be oil painting it starting this week.


I don't always remember when I owe people things. Fact of my life. I have owed someone a painting for so long. Finally figured out what to do for her. She likes mini dachs so here is what I am working on, also to be done with oils.


Lots of work on the table. And I have to have it all done before the end of the month. Why? Because I have to mail all of my supplies to MA for IMC. Yes, I will be attending IMC (Illustration Master Class) this year (woohoo!!). Wish me luck!

In the meanwhile, hope you enjoy the updates and the pictures.

5 comments:

Christ4Ever said...

No luck wished here for you.
Only many blessings from the Most High!

Christ4Ever said...

Is that a mini dachs?
:-)

Christ4Ever said...

Nice one of you and the boys! Like!

Christ4Ever said...

Looks like a transparency. Is that what you were shooting for?

Nicole Sturgeon said...

Yes that is the mini Dachs. Or more specifically a mini Dachs puppy. I just finished laying out the acrylic flats so I don't have to fight the whites of the canvas. I wanted to a fluffy one, so it is a long haired dachs.